Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A Lesson in Imperatives

Things I never would have thought I would say:

1) Quit licking your sister!

2) Put that axe down, right now!

3) Poop right in that little container, okay?

4) You can't wear roller blades to church.

5) Leave the dog alone and don't put a toque on him again.

6) Take that caterpillar back outside and no, you cannot keep him!

7) No more faces at the camera. Smile, right now! I said, "SMILE"! (as the children put on the weirdest grimaces in the world to pacify their now maniac mother....)

8) There's more puke beside the mattress. (At 3:00 in the morning, to my dear hubby.)

9) Don't wipe your snot on my sleeve!

10) Don't wipe your snot on the couch!

11) Don't bleed all over the furniture!

12) Don't eat bugs!

13) You could probably use floss to get the beetle's legs out of your teeth.

14) Don't pick your scabs off in church!

15) Don't poke your sister in the eye.

16) Don't tease your brother about having a fairy godmother.

17) NO putting your cars in the toilet! (Adam)

18) No, we can't go to Ontario this afternoon.

19) Quit "decorating" me with dandelions. (As I was lying outside reading a book.)

20) No, I am quite sure I don't want our house to burn down and no, I don't think it would be "exciting".

18 comments:

happygeek said...

Yep. Love the stuff that comes out of our mouths eh?

Dawn and Dale said...

There are probably a million more things that we say that would seem abnormal to so many people and we don't even realize they are abnormal anymore because we say them so often!!! lol ;-)

beth said...

Awwww - PLease come to Ontario this afternoon!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Heard today at my sister's house - "Don't lick the dog even though he licks you." Heh.

Hebnix said...

I must be catching a little of that canadian slang... I knew what a toque was !!!!

Not to shabby, eh!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word, you are living my life! How about "stop eating your boogers!"

Juliette said...

LOL!!!

M3 said...

Ok I was dying laughing but also a teeny bit appalled that so many of those have come out of my mouth too...

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Now that is funny stuff!

Jo said...

Hilarious!
I especially love #1 & #18.

Unknown said...

You always good for a big laugh! Love your world!

Rachel Marie said...

Funny!!

beth said...

I forgot to say - your kids really seem to have an unhealthy affinity to disaster... natural or otherwise

Kathy said...

HAHA I am glad that i am not the only one that has to affirm that I do not want to be in a car accident or have the police chase us, see a tornado or all the other disasters that ken can think of!
Thanks janet!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

LOL!!! Too funny!!

Anonymous said...

FUNNY

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh and you are loving every minute of it :)
Again sorry it has been a while... life is crazy with work etc hugs to ya...

dawn said...

That licking the sister one, has come out of my mouth too. It is amazing what we come up with when we have kids to encourage us.